my latest obsessions
I've always been an all-in sort of girl. When I like something, I'm making Pinterest boards, scouring fan theories, and diving deep into the lore. My interests can be a little all consuming at times, for better or worse. Here are some of my latest interests and why I'm so into them!
1, X-Men I've been a fan of DC comics for a couple years now, and an avid watcher of the MCU since I was little, but this is my first foray into the world of X-Men. After I watched Spider-Man: Brand New Day I was inspired to learn more about the vast world after Jean Grey's appearance, and I am so glad I did. So far I've watched X-Men: First Class and Deadpool, which I loved, and the X-Men: '97 animated show, and I'm almost through season 2 and love it as well. My dad has been a fan of the X-Men since the actual nineties (and before) so he's a great movie buddy because he can tell me the backstories of all the side characters and everyone's lore. I love the versatility of powers that mutants have, and the lore of mutants being this persecuted group. I've been doing some reading into mutants representing real-life marginalized groups like LGBTQIA+ or African Americans and think they can provide powerful representation. I'm planning to watch all the X-Men movies, plus the Deadpools and Wolverines, as well as pilfer some of my dads old X-Men comic books. So far, my favorite characters are Storm, because when I was younger and playing imagination games my superpower was always controling the weather, and Rogue, because I think her power is one of the most interesting.
2. Bob's Burgers
Bob's Burgers has been my hair-styling show for a couple weeks now, and it's safe to say it's a new favorite. I have pretty curly hair, and my hair-wash routine is a two hour endeavor. When you're spending that much time in a stuffy bathroom, it's important to have something lighthearted to get you through, and this show is just that. One of my gripes with a lot of family based sitcoms is that too often, the characters are bad people, or they do bad things and are generally far too easy to dislike. But in Bobs Burgers, the characters are quirky, yes, but are all caring, goodhearted people who want to be nice to others. And at the end of the day, isn't that what we all want to see in our mindless TV shows? The hijinks aren't your usual copy-paste family sitcom hijinks, and at the end of the day the family always comes back together to try and do what's best for each other. 10/10 show, gotten some good wash days with this one playing.
3. Seeking Persephone
As an fan of Bridgerton (season 2 on top), I went into Seeking Persephone hoping to be simply whelmed. I'd seen clips and things on Tiktok and decided it was worth a try. This miniseries has so far exceeded my expectations. Though you can tell the budget for this was small, it does nothing to detract from the passion of the people on the show and it really comes across. The story is fun and engaging and I'm obsessed with Persephone. I'm only two episodes in, but so far it's proving to be a new favorite. I love a good slow burn romance, and this is delivering on all fronts. I highly recommend if you love unrealistic Regency romances!
If you have something not on this list you think I should watch, let me know!
Love Always, Ellie

.jpeg)


i def get this... i lowkey pick things to hyperfixate on for periods of time
ReplyDelete